The Victorian Public Sector Commission (VPSC) was established on 1 April 2014 to achieve a range of legislative functions.
The Victorian Public Sector Commission (the VPSC) was established on 1 April 2014 through an amendment to the Public Administration Act 2004. The VPSC is headed by a single Commissioner and has a range of legislated functions to achieve its objectives. These are to:
- Strengthen the efficiency, effectiveness and capability of the public sector in order to meet existing and emerging needs and deliver high quality services
- Maintain, and advocate for, public sector professionalism and integrity.
The VPSC helps strengthen public sector efficiency, effectiveness and capability by:
- assessing, researching and providing advice and support on issues relevant to public sector administration, governance, service delivery and workforce management and development
- collecting and reporting on whole of government data
- conducting enquiries as directed under the Act by the Premier
It helps maintain public sector integrity by:
- advocating for an apolitical and professional public sector
- issuing and applying codes of conduct and standards
- monitoring and reporting to public sector body Heads on compliance with the public sector values, codes of conduct and public sector employment principles and standards
- reviewing employment related actions and making relevant recommendations
- maintaining a register of lobbyists
The VPSC also maintains a register of instruments made under the Act, which is published on this website.
A number of programs continue to be administered by the VPSC on behalf of and for public sector bodies. These include:
- Government Sector Remuneration Panel
- eRecruitment system
- Graduate Recruitment and Development Scheme
The VPSC has two divisions and five branches, per the below structure:
- Leadership and Workforce
- Programs and Delivery
- Strategy and Advice
- Performance and Integrity
- Analytics and Performance
- Integrity and Advisory
The Victorian Public Sector Commission’s Annual Report highlights the achievements of VPSC, as well as the annual work program and financial statements.
Victorian Public Sector Commission publishes a regular newsletter. Complete the details to subscribe.
The biography of the Victorian Public Sector Commissioner Belinda Clark.
The role and composition of the Victorian Public Sector Commission Advisory Board.
The Victorian Public Sector Commission (VPSC) implements procedures for making and handling protected disclosures.
The Public Administration Act 2004 establishes the Victorian Public Sector Commission (VPSC) and creates the role of the Victorian Public Sector Commissioner.
Overview of accessing Victorian Acts and other key documents