The Guide to Whole of Victorian Government Legislative Compliance Obligations for Public Sector was designed to assist departmental officers.
It included guidance in meeting legislative obligations and, where appropriate, compliance obligations, specifically:
- to support the Minister in relation to assessing the compliance of entities in meeting its legislative obligations. In assessing compliance department officers should mindful of the entities operating context and risk profile (for example, department officers may wish to audit or review compliance). Options to verify compliance include:
- considering Annual Reports
- reviewing existing policies and procedures
- the Premier, Minister or Secretary may request the VPSC to review the entity.
- where appropriate, supporting the entity to assist it to meet its compliance obligations and to maintain a positive, working relationship between the entity and the department.
This resource is out-of-date and has been removed from the website whilst it is reviewed.
In the interim please contact us if you have any questions on this topic.