Karreeta Yirramboi ran between 2010 and 2015, and was the Victorian Government’s 5 year plan to improve public sector employment outcomes for Aboriginal Victorians.
In July 2017, our Aboriginal Employment Unit launched a new 5-year Aboriginal Employment Strategy, Barring Djinang.
As part of Kareeta Yirramboi, VPSC developed Karreeta Yirramboi: An Employer Toolkit to Grow Aboriginal Employment in Your Organisation.
The toolkit provides practical material to assist organisations increase the numbers of Aboriginal employees in their organisation. It covers the following topics:
- cultural awareness and competency
- attraction and recruitment
- retention – induction, mentoring and career support
- career development, managing performance and leadership opportuniti
- creating an Aboriginal Employment Officer position
- developing an Aboriginal Employment Plan
- community engagement.
A set of key messages and top tips support each chapter in the toolkit. Case studies, drawn from the experiences of public sector organisations and staff, are also included to give the toolkit practical application.
If you would like further information about the toolkit or the former strategy, Karreeta Yirramboi, please contact us.