The Barring Djinang VET graduate program is a new entry-level program designed to connect Aboriginal VET graduates with careers in the Victorian public sector.
The program is run by the Aboriginal Employment Unit in the Victorian Public Sector Commission, which is responsible for implementing initiatives under Barring Djinang, the Victorian Government’s Aboriginal Employment Strategy.
The 2020 pilot will comprise ten graduate placements across metropolitan Melbourne and regional locations and feature the following elements:
- A 12-month work placement in a Victorian public service department or public sector agency.
- Learning and development workshops designed to equip graduates with the foundation knowledge and skills for a public sector career:
- Introduction to the Victorian public sector
- Communication styles, presentation skills and report writing
- Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Project management and innovation
- Human Rights and diversity in the Victorian public sector
- Ongoing employment upon successful completion of the program
|Promotions, applications and recruitment||April 2019 – October 2019|
|Welcome event and induction||December 2019|
|Work placements and L&D commences||January – December 2020|
More information can be found in the information guide
Applications are currently open and will close Thursday 31 October 2019.