Host an intern with our program we run with CareersTrackers™
Expressions of interest close 5pm Friday 6 September 2019
What the program is
The Barring Djinang internship program is for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students to gain experience in the Victorian public sector.
It’s for students still at university who are thinking of a career as a public servant.
How the program works
We help you to host an intern with your organisation based on shared needs, interests and their studies.
Our program focuses on creating connection and community to foster an environment that is rich in peer-support.
The summer program runs for 12 weeks.
It includes a:
- networking lunch with all program interns and their managers
- tour of parliament
- Birrarung Wilam guided walking tour by the Koorie Heritage Trust
- cohort lunch
- final presentation with peers and managers across the public sector to celebrate what they’ve done
- 3-day CareerTrackers Leadership Development Institute
- CareerTrackers Program Day
- CareerTrackers Gala Dinner, attended by Interns and Intern managers
The winter program runs for 4 weeks.
It includes a networking lunch with all program interns. They’ll also get invited to NAIDOC week events across the public sector.
Key dates for summer 2019/20
6 September 2019
Expressions of interest close.
By 25 October 2019
You’ll interview the potential intern.
By 13 November 2019
You’ll onboard your intern, including sending them an employment contract.
From 18 November 2019 to 7 February 2020
Proposed internship period.
How to apply
Send your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 September 2019.
If you have questions
Find out more about our program partner at CareerTrackers.
If you need to speak to someone, get in touch at email@example.com or at 03 7004 7120.