Our internship program partners with CareerTrackers™ to support the education of and provide work experience to undergraduate Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students.
The program is designed to develop specialist skills through providing interns with:
- Learning and development and attendance at the Leadership Development Institute and Gala Dinner (run through CareerTrackers™).
- 12 weeks paid work placement over the summer holidays with a Public Service department or public sector organisation.
- The possibility of four weeks paid work placement over the winter holidays.
- The possibility of ongoing employment or, if no opportunities are available, then:
- Interns in their final year of university or who have graduated can choose to be fast-tracked to the final stage of the recruitment process for the Victorian Government graduate program.
During the program, interns will undertake practical work experience and be supported by a range of VPS staff. It also provides a valuable opportunity to establish a professional network and understanding of the Victorian public service before students begin professional work.
For more information on eligibility and applications, please visit the CareerTrackers™ website.