- support high-quality leadership development and strengthen Executive leadership capability
- promote a connected and collaborative Senior Executive Service
- support Executive mobility and career pathways.
The public sector needs accomplished leaders who can steer transformational change and deliver professional, impactful service to Victorians. Our role is to support design and delivery of leadership programs that support Executives to embed new ways of thinking, leading and working, and build clear development pathways in the Senior Executive Service.
The Victorian Leadership Academy will continue to develop Executives, focusing them on leader mindsets, stewardship, people and performance. We will work with departments and leading institutions to ensure a bespoke experience, tailoring our services to identified department needs and the Victorian Public Service context.
Leaders thrive when they’re connected to each other. We will continue to connect the Senior Executive Service, providing opportunities to share knowledge, build peer networks and advance trusted relationships across the Victorian Public Service. We will support the Victorian Secretaries’ Board to convene the Senior Executive Service, encouraging leaders to collaborate beyond traditional boundaries to deliver joined-up government services for the community.
Over the next three years we will make it easier for Executives to move around the public sector. We will partner with departments to co-design and pilot an Executive mobility strategy.
- Work with departments to identify Executive leadership capability development needs
- Map and curate VPS and external Executive leadership development programs
- Build strategic partnerships with leading institutions and organisations to shape programs for the VPS context
- Develop and implement a leadership capability framework for the Senior Executive Service aligned to the Senior Executive Classification Framework
- Develop, deliver and evaluate leadership programs and modules to optimise investment and strengthen capability
- Support the Victorian Secretaries’ Board to convene the Senior Executive Service as a collective leadership group
- Connect Senior Executive Service leaders to build networks and advance trusted relationships
- In partnership with departments, co-design an Executive mobility strategy and pilot approach
- Build, maintain and share data (insights, feedback and evaluation) to support the Executive mobility strategy and pilot approach