- provide whole-of-Victorian-government people data analytics and insights
- support a digitally enabled and flexible workforce
- provide workforce planning advice.
We collect a rich set of data about the Victorian public sector workforce. It provides a holistic view of the public sector and its people. It shows the size, structure and composition of our workforce and provides an evidence base to inform continuous improvement. We will continue to publish the State of the Public Sector in Victoria report and run the People Matter Survey, sharing useful, actionable insights with public sector employers.
The State of the Public Sector in Victoria report is enhanced every year. It now includes findings from the employee opinion survey, comparative data and case studies of good practice. In future, it will include deep-dive analysis into current workforce issues.
Access to timely, trusted data helps the sector collectively build and maintain an inclusive, high-performing and engaged workforce. We will open access to public sector data by listing it on Data.Vic, creating a workforce data hub and integrating it with the human capital management system.
Over the next 3 years, we’ll work closely with the Department of Premier and Cabinet to apply what we have learned from the data to shape and ready the public sector workforce for the future. We will develop strategies to support new ways of working and public sector reform. Remote, digital work environments and flexible work arrangements will underpin a workforce that is mobilising and adapting to sustain service delivery.
- Collect data, deliver evidence, informed advice and reports on people, leadership, culture and inclusion across the sector (e.g. monitoring of diversity targets and their impact on inclusion outcomes)
- Provide insights on employee wellbeing/resilience and monitor trends
- Plan for an integrated data warehouse that works with the human capital management system
- Design better People Matter Survey reports and establish a new, user-friendly survey platform
- Keep improving the State of the Public Sector in Victoria report (e.g. digital first, data dashboards and deeper insights)
- Create a workforce hub and dataset register for high value data sets
- Develop innovative approaches to support new ways of working and public sector reform including the Suburban Hubs initiative
- Develop WOVG policy and initiatives to support flexible and hybrid work for the VPS workforce
- Develop specialised training for priority cohorts to support new ways of working
- Develop learning and development strategy and frameworks
- Develop leading practice in workforce planning and provide tools and methodologies to support it
- Convene departments and agencies to share and develop strategic workforce planning initiatives