A trusted public sector that delivers exceptional outcomes for the Victorian community.
Our purpose is set out in Section 38 of the Public Administration Act. It is described as two objectives, each with supporting functions.
Strengthen the efficiency, effectiveness and capability of the public sector to meet existing and emerging needs and deliver high-quality services.
We do this by:
- assessing, advising and supporting on issues relevant to public sector administration, governance, service delivery and workforce management and development
- researching and disseminating best practice in relation to public sector administration, governance, service delivery and workforce management and development
- collecting and reporting on whole of government data
- conducting inquiries as directed by the Premier.
Maintain and advocate for public sector professionalism and integrity.
We do this by:
- advocating for an apolitical and professional public sector
- issuing and applying codes of conduct and standards
- monitoring and reporting to public sector body Heads on compliance with the public sector values, codes of conduct, and public sector employment principles and standards
- reviewing employment-related actions and making recommendations following those reviews
- maintaining a register of lobbyists and a register of instruments.
As a Commission, we share one identity, built on our roles and attributes. It guides the way we work.
As a Commission, we live the public sector values set out in the Public Administration Act 2004: