About the Company Directors Course
VPSC and the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) have adapted the Company Directors Course to the Victorian public sector. The core of the course is unchanged and has been supplemented by public sector examples with particular reference to transparency, public accountability and stakeholder engagement.
This is an opportunity for Victorian public sector executives and public entity directors to undertake the Company Directors Course with their peers and to learn what it takes to contribute to organisational governance while gaining a thorough knowledge of the role and duties of directors. All courses are limited to 25 participants.
Participants who pass the optional assessment will gain the Company Directors Course award.
Key modules include:
- The Role of the Board and Practice of Directorship
- Decision Making
- Directors’ Duties and Responsibilities
- The Board’s Legal Environment
- Risk – Issues for the Board
- Strategy – The Board’s Role
- Financial Literacy for Directors
- Driving Performance
- Achieving Board Effectiveness
- Learning into practice
The next 5 day Company Directors Course will take place on:
Day 1: Thursday 21 June 2018
Day 2: Friday 22 June 2018
Day 3: Monday 25 June 2018
Day 4: Tuesday 26 June 2018
Day 5: Wednesday 27 June 2018
Who is the course for?
Victorian public sector executive and non-executive directors, CEOs and senior executives.
This course has been designed to:
- Equip you with the knowledge you need to ensure you understand your role and the compliance issues for your board
- Lead you beyond compliance to better understand the governance expectations and the ethical considerations of your role
- Help you build a better board and improve and streamline board processes
- Focus your future strategic discussions and provide you with the knowledge and tools you need to monitor your organisation’s financial performance and risk management
- Broaden your view of directorship and help you improve your personal performance and organisational performance