This document is part of the Code of Conduct for Employees resource.
Promoting the Victorian public sector values
- Promote the public sector values.
- Ensure any statement of values adopted by your organisation is consistent with the public sector values.
Leading by example
- As leader, demonstrate the values in your day to day activities and interactions.
- Ensure managers and supervisors model the values and the behaviours required by the Code and support their staff in doing so.
- Provide all new employees with a copy of the Code.
- Provide all employees with induction training on the behaviours required under the Code.
- Ensure appropriate references to the values and Code obligations are embedded in learning and development activities.
- Provide employees with further training at key ‘events’ – such as when becoming a manager or supervisor, when obtaining a financial delegation or when undertaking particular activities (procurement, recruitment etc).
Policies and Procedures
- Conduct risk assessment of the organisation’s operating environment, key activities and functions conducted.
- Issue policies and procedures to support the values and the Code.
- Ensure review dates are included and adhered to in issued policies.
As a minimum, specific policies and procedures should include those relating to the following sections of the Code:
|Developed||Implemented||Date last reviewed|
|Dealing with false, incorrect or misleading information provided in the pre-employment stage by employees (Clause 1.3)|
|Requiring relevant contractors and consultants comply with the Code (Clause 1.4)|
|Performance management and misconduct by employees (Clause 1.7)|
|Reporting unethical behaviour (Clause 3.6)|
|Managing conflicts of interest (clause 3.7)|
|Gifts, benefits and hospitality (Clause 4.2)|