This document is part of the Flexible work policy and resources resource.
About this policy
This is a policy to embed flexible work in the Victorian Public Service.
This policy supports new ways of working, so we can all create the best public value for Victorians.
It replaces the old ‘all roles flex’ policy.
- tells you why we have a flexible work policy
- gives you principles to follow to help your team work flexibly
- gives you a set of tools to support you to use this policy
- shows you the other policies and laws that support this policy
Who this policy applies to
This policy applies to all Victorian Public Service employees including executives.
How your organisation must implement this policy
It’s up to your organisation to work out how you implement this policy. This includes how you update existing processes, in line with whole-of-Victorian-government guidance.
You must align what you do with the flexible work guiding principles.
For more support, read how to implement flexible work in your organisation.
The laws you must comply with
Some employees have a legal right to request changes to when, where and how they work.
To find out more, read:
- Section 65 of the Commonwealth Fair Work Act 2009
- Clause 8 of the Victorian Public Service Enterprise Agreement 2020
- legislation and agreements for your organisation’s context