The Leadership Capability Framework defines the qualities the Victorian Secretaries Board (VSB) see as contributing to strong leadership.
It informs VLA development for Executive Officers across the Victorian public sector.
Leadership Capability Framework
Our framework names the 4 key skill sets for identification and and development:
- Strategically position the public sector to forecast, definite, shape and adapt to the future to meet the needs of Victorians.
- Collaborate at all levels.
- Foster talent and build capability.
- Champion diversity and equality.
- Drive organisational and system performance.
- Deliver better outcomes for Victorians and adopt a continuous improvement approach.
- Leader mindsets
- Exemplify behaviours that engage, motivate and inspire employees.
- Effectively manage difficult situations and maintain a positive oganisational culture.