The capability dictionary is a set of online ‘cards’ that describe a range of capabilities which contribute to an efficient, effective and productive public sector workforce.
It is an interactive tool which helps to get you started in thinking and talking about the capabilities that are needed for success in public sector roles, including personal qualities, mindsets, professional knowledge, contextual knowledge and skills.
The dictionary provides content to support the conversations that take place:
- when creating a role description
- as part of the recruitment process (including the job interview)
- when talking about work performance
- when putting teams together and deciding who should be given what work tasks
- when planning development activities
- when preparing for workplace or job change.
The dictionary works like a card game or a shopping website. You sort, select, review, and then take away any content you think will be useful. You can save selected capabilities to a shortlist, which can be emailed or printed.
This resource is built for optimum performance in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 9, 10 and 11.