Getting to work is the Victorian public sector’s long-term commitment to positive change.
The principal objective of Getting to work: Victorian public sector disability employment action plan 2018–2025 is to increase the overall engagement, representation and meaningful employment of people with disability across every level of the Victorian public sector.
We will achieve this by:
- creating safe, inclusive and respectful workplaces that are free from discrimination
- implementing inclusive attraction, recruitment, retention and progression strategies
- supporting prospective and existing employees and their managers.
The way we go about this will be underpinned by:
- a shared understanding of the social model of disability and the need to remove barriers
- strengthened data collection
- strong governance and reporting to inform progress and highlight opportunities.
This will result in:
- a capable and diverse public sector that better reflects the diversity of the Victorian community and benefits from the experience that people with disability bring to the workplace
There are 21 actions in the plan grouped into three focus areas:
- Build awareness through access to information
- Attract and recruit people with disability
- Support employees with disability
Getting to work is published in a number of accessible formats. If the format you need is not listed below, please contact us by phone (03) 9651 1321 using the National Relay Service 13 36 77 if required, or email email@example.com