Find out about our annual public sector employee survey
People Matter Survey
People Matter Survey will be offered to all public sector organisations from Monday 31 May to Friday 25 June 2021.
People Matter is an independent opinion survey where employees from organisations across the public sector can have their say.
In 2020, almost 46,000 people from 191 organisations took part in an optional survey focused on wellbeing.
Survey results show how employees view different aspects of their workplaces, including job satisfaction, career development, wellbeing and diversity and inclusion, and helps the sector develop a high performing and engaged workforce.
Results from the survey will be available to organisations in late July.
About the survey
The People Matter Survey is the Victorian public sector’s annual employee opinion survey.
The survey is run by the Commission to support the public sector organisations to build positive workplace cultures that operate with integrity and live the public sector values.
In 2020, we ran a shorter survey focusing on employee wellbeing, that captured the views and experiences of almost 46,000 people from 191 organisations.
The survey results tell us how employees see their workplaces, including views on job satisfaction, career development, wellbeing and diversity and inclusion.
Organisations use the results to work out how to improve the working environment for their employees.
In 2021, you’ll see:
- annual participation of all public sector organisations
- public release of all organisations’ results
- refinement to the survey, survey framework and reporting based on academic analysis and user feedback
- up to date survey platform with an improved user experience, dashboard reporting and action planning tools.
- new questions developed in consultation with the Commissioner for Gender Equality in the Public Sector to support organisations to report on progress against the Gender Equality Act 2020.
People Matter Survey Practitioner Network
The People Matter Survey Practitioner Network helps people connect and share best-practices and knowledge about the survey.
The network helps members plan action and drive change based on survey results.
The network is open to people with:
- direct responsibility for managing the survey in their organisation
- an interest in organisational development and performance using the survey results.
The network meets about every 2 months.
To find out more or join, visit the Innovation Network.
We’ve made new materials for 2021 including:
- splash screens
- virtual meeting backgrounds
- email signature banners
- promotional images
Where to get help
Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org