Recruiting a CEO is a guide to help board chairs and directors recruit a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to their Victorian public sector entity.
It provides prompts and reminders for board directors who may already have some skills and experience in conducting a recruitment process.
The guide outlines:
- the recruitment process
- who does what and in what order
- how to think about the requirements of the CEO role
- whether or not to use an executive search consultant
- sources of evidence for assessing candidates for the CEO role
- final checks
- setting the CEO up for success.