The VPS HR Capability Framework has been developed to provide a consistent understanding of the knowledge, skills and attributes required by human resources (HR) professionals in the Victorian Public Service (VPS).
Who is the guide for?
People who work in HR, or manage or supervise others, will find value in using the framework to guide:
- identification of the knowledge, skills and attributes required for an HR role;
- workforce planning and succession discussions with in the HR function;
- learning and development for HR professionals within the VPS;
- performance management discussions, by providing clarity around expectations of success; and
- career planning conversations.
The framework is a good starting point to articulate the capability expectations for HR professionals within the VPS.
What is included in this guide?
The guide includes:
- the VPS HR Capability Framework;
- suggestions for how the framework can be used and applied;
- descriptors for each capability; and
- how the capabilities align with VPS grades; VPS Value Range Descriptors and the Victorian Public Employment Capability Framework.
The VPS HR Capability Framework has been developed by the Victorian Public Sector Commission in conjunction with the Australian Human Resources Institute.