The program is run by the Aboriginal Employment Unit in the Victorian Public Sector Commission, which is responsible for implementing initiatives under Barring Djinang, the Victorian Government’s Aboriginal Employment Strategy.
The 2020 program will place students completing or holding Certificate III or higher* in jobs across metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria.
- A 12-month job in a Victorian public service department or public sector agency
- On-the-job training
- Learning and development activities designed to prepare graduates with knowledge and skills for a public sector career::
- Introduction to the Victorian public sector
- Communication styles, presentation skills and report writing
- Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Project management and innovation
- Human Rights and diversity in the Victorian public sector
- Support making industry connections
- A permanent job upon successful completion of the program
|Promotions, applications and recruitment||April 2019 – October 2019|
|Welcome event and induction||December 2019|
|Roles commence||January – December 2020|
More information can be found in the information guide
Applications are currently open and will close Thursday 31 October 2019.
*open to all Vocational Education and Training students completing Certificate III or higher.