An organisation is defined by its ethics, behaviours and culture. A good workplace balance of all three can improve morale, boost productivity and improve an organisation’s reputation.
Public sector employers and employees have a mutual responsibility to work together to:
- create pride in public sector workplaces
- deliver responsive public services
- earn the community’s trust in the public sector
- support the government of the day in serving Victorians.
In helping the public sector to achieve this the VPSC’s role is to:
- advocate for an apolitical and professional public sector
- issue and apply codes of conduct and standards
- monitor and report to public sector body Heads on compliance with the public sector values, codes of conduct and public sector employment principles and standards.
All of the above helps create a public sector workforce that acts with professionalism and integrity and applies the public sector values when interacting with Government, the community, suppliers and employees.