This document is part of the Working remotely in the Victorian public sector resource.
How to hire when working remotely guide
Know the principles and standards
Read the Victorian public sector employment principles and standards. These tell you how the sector develops employment processes and what principles to apply.
Also see the suggested reading list at the end of this guide.
Understand your context
You need to understand the Victorian public sector employment principles and standards before you adapt your processes.
It’s a great idea to know any other standards that apply in Victoria, such as your organisation or industry’s:
- integrity regulations
- enterprise agreement
Think of safety and privacy
Always think of the privacy and occupational health and safety legislation that applies to your organisation or industry.
You need to stay informed on the latest coronavirus advice.
This means you may need to review and amend your policies in response to government advice.
Check these regularly:
- Department of Health coronavirus advice
- Department of Health and Human Services coronavirus advice
- Victorian Government employee conditions COVID-19 advice
Suggested further reading
Read the Public Administration Act 2004.
If you work in the Victorian Public Service, read the:
- Jobs and Skills Exchange Recruitment Policy 2019
- Jobs and Skills Exchange Robust Assessment Process
- VPS Enterprise Agreement 2016
- VPS Enterprise Agreement Common Policies