This document is part of the Victorian Public Service executive employment resource.
Below is a generic step-by-step guide for human resource administrators to consider when ending the employment of an executive. It is provided as a guide only and will not be applicable in all circumstances.
- Determine reason for ending employment.
- Discuss end of employment scenario with the Agency Head.
- Reach a consensus on the proposed decision to end employment.
- An appropriate person (e.g. a senior manager) is delegated to consult with the affected executive.
The Agency Head has been consulted with and has agreed to:
- any minimum process requirements;
- proposed date for termination;
- any redeployment options; and
- any outplacement support.
Consultation with Executive
The executive has been advised of:
- the intention to end employment;
- the reasons for proposed termination;
- expected formal notiﬁcation date;
- expected employment end date.
Written notice is signed by the Agency Head.
- Notice or payment in lieu is provided (if applicable).