The Victorian Public Sector Commission (VPSC) provides Human Resources (HR) managers and staff with information, tools and resources to assist them in their own roles, and help them guide and inform employees within their organisation.
Practical and evidence-based, the resources reinforce, support and promote the Victorian public sector codes of conduct, standards, guidelines and ethics.
Members of the HR team can also access practical advice and support materials relating to:
- executive recruitment and remuneration
- executive Classification Framework
- executive Performance Management Framework
- employee grievance and review processes
- the People Matter Survey
- HR metrics
- workforce planning and succession risk management
- general public sector employee capabilities and HR professional capabilities
- organisational culture, design and change.
There is a range of resources for organisational leaders and managers to assist them in their work with staff. Resources cover topics such as how to:
- develop management capability
- take a best practice approach when selecting and recruiting staff
- manage staff performance
- deal with workplace conflict and high-conflict behaviours
- manage dispersed teams and staff with flexible working arrangements.
These materials can be provided directly to leaders and managers, adapted by HR to reflect the organisation’s context, and/or be provided those that facilitate training and education to use as development resources.