Why we did this review
In August 2019, Forensicare asked the Commission to review the capability of its board and organisation.
The review aimed to:
- recognise strengths and areas for improvement to meet emerging challenges
- provide a useful road map for the CEO and board
- ensure best practice governance arrangements are in place to support Forensicare’s strategic and operational direction
What the review covers
The report sums up what we found out about Forensicare’s organisational capability.
The report provides independent advice to support Forensicare to:
- lift executive leadership capability to focus on strategy, policy and planning
- build a leadership structure that sets out accountability for outcomes
- provide clearer professional, clinical and operational roles and reporting lines
- create processes and systems that work and support service delivery
What is a capability review
A capability review is a big-picture assessment of an organisation’s capability to deliver against future objectives and challenges.
We used the Australian Public Sector Commission’s Capability Review Model and the Victorian Public Sector Commission Board and Director Performance Assessment Guidance as the basis for the review.