Evaluating the Chief Executive Officer’s (CEO) performance is more than an exercise in contractual compliance. It is a significant activity undertaken by the Board to fulfill its responsibilities. It helps maintain confidence in the public sector and ensures an organisation’s ongoing capacity to deliver value to the community.
Assessing a CEO’s Performance is designed to help Victorian public sector boards, chairs and directors assess their CEO’s performance. It has been prepared for Board directors, especially chairs, who already have some skills and experience in evaluating performance and providing constructive feedback. It contains advice about:
- key performance indicators for the CEO
- giving performance feedback to the CEO
- the CEO’s performance plan
- collecting and assessing evidence about the CEO’s performance
- acting on the assessment
- succession risk management.