This document is part of the Commissioner’s Circulars resource.
|Issue date:||5 February 2020|
|Application:||All Victorian public entities|
|Enquiries:||Integrity and Advisory Branch
Victorian Public Sector Commission
03 7004 7121
- The Premier has approved the removal of bonus opportunities from public entity executive remuneration packages.
- The Public Entity Executive Employment Handbook has been updated to reflect this change to executive remuneration packages.
- The VPSC has published a Standard Public Entity Executive Employment Contract on its website as a resource for public entities. This is to be used for recruiting and employing executives and to support the standardisation of the bonus removal and compliance with mandatory contractual terms in the Public Entity Executive Remuneration Policy (PEER Policy).
- The updated Standard Public Entity Executive Employment Contract is to be used from 4 February 2020 for any new employment contract entered into between an employer and an executive.
- The updated Standard Public Entity Executive Employment Contract replaces the standard contract based on the former Government Sector Executive Remuneration Panel (GSERP) arrangements.
- The standard public entity executive employment contract and public entity executive employment handbook have been updated to reflect the Premier’s decision.
- The PEER Policy is made under section 92 of the Public Administration Act 2004 and requires that public entities specified in the Order comply with whole of government remuneration policy. The PEER Policy was re-made on 4 February 2020.
More information on the bonus removal and buy-out process can be found on the Department of Premier and Cabinet website.
For any questions about the bonus removal offer process, please contact email@example.com
This circular applies to public entities as defined by the Public Administration Act 2004.
Date of application
4 February 2020