This document is part of the Employment Arrangements for Public Entities resource.
Figure 4 outlines the standard model for public entity employment arrangements in Victoria.
Figure 4: Standard model for public entity employment arrangements
Key features of the model are:
- the board is appointed by the relevant minister or Governor-in-Council
- the CEO is appointed and employed by the Board
- the power to employ public entity staff is vested in the board and delegated to the CEO
- staff are directly employed by the entity, through the CEO
- staff are employed as public sector staff.
These arrangements align with the employment principles and mimic those used in the private sector.