Further support and advice on specific issues facing individual entities is available from:
- internal legal policy and/or governance branches
- the Victorian Public Sector Commission
- the Department of Premier and Cabinet – Government Branch
- the Department of Treasury and Finance – Public Sector Industrial Relations Unit
- the Victorian Government Solicitor’s Office (VGSO).
Both the VGSO and the Department of Treasury and Finance – Public Sector Industrial Relations Unit can also provide advice on obligations regarding the transfer of existing employees.
- Further detail on this case study is available from the WorkCover website.
- Further detail on GSERP.
- Staff employed as public servants generally have their employment conditions determined through the Victorian Public Service Enterprise Agreement.
- Staff may also be employed by the head of the relevant portfolio department and assigned to the entity. The SSA does not recommend this option as it can create confusion as to lines of responsibility and accountability, with entity staff reporting on a day-to-day basis to managers who are not responsible for their employment.