Advice for executives in the Victorian Public Service and sector
We give advice and support to executives in the public service and public sector.
Victorian Public Service executives
If you’re a Victorian Public Service executive, access the executive:
- classification framework
- performance measures framework
- employment contract
- vehicle package calculators
Victorian public entity executives
If you’re a Victorian public entity executive, access the public entity executive:
- standard contract
- vehicle package calculator
- approved vehicle list
- industry segment review
Remuneration advice for all executives
Get advice on executive remuneration from the Victorian Independent Remuneration Tribunal.
Resources for your staff
Nurture and support your staff to develop their skills and capabilities.
This helps them be accountable and comply with the codes of conduct and standards.
If you’re an executive, use our resources, tools and information to:
- assess and build a productive culture
- create and support organisational change
- design jobs and select staff
- design your part of the organisation
- develop your staff’s management capabilities
- manage workforce and succession risks
Executive workforce reform
We’re reforming the Executive service in the public sector.
- make sure employment and remuneration arrangements for all public entities are clear, effective, efficient and transparent
- support public sector employers in attracting, retaining and developing the best senior leaders
- enable easy comparison of executive performance across agencies
- ensure Victoria receives value for the remuneration it provides
A review of Victoria’s Executive Officer employment and remuneration framework was delivered to the Premier in July 2016.
In December 2016, the Premier directed VPSC to implement a number of the recommendations and to expand its review to the broader public sector.
This involved 3 key streams of activity:
- review of executive employment across the broader public sector
- a new approach to executive classification within the public service
- an executive performance management framework within the public service.
A Classification Framework and Performance Management Framework for executives within the public service was delivered to the Premier in October 2019.
For further information about the Executive Workforce Reform program, please contact us.