The Minister is responsible for:
- appointments to Boards within their portfolio
- approving potential candidates that are to be taken to Cabinet for approval
- taking these candidates to Cabinet.
The Minister may also be involved in the recruitment process by:
- approving the recruitment and appointment plan proposed by the responsible governance area
- approving selection criteria proposed by the responsible governance area
- approving the selection panel proposed by the responsible governance area
- nominating potential candidates
- meeting with the potential candidates.
The Minister may at any time assign parts of the recruitment process to a delegate. The Minister remains accountable for the appointment decision even if a delegate has been used. At the end of the recruitment process it is the responsibility of the Minister to decide whether a candidate is suitable for a Board position.