Subject to any statutory requirements and on invitation from the Minister or the Minister’s delegate, a Board Chair may be involved in the recruitment and appointment process in the following ways:
- helping to keep track of upcoming vacancies
- giving consideration to the knowledge and skills, personal qualities and specialist expertise required by the Board going into the future and canvassing the Board’s views on these issues. This information is to be provided to the area or individual within a department responsible for the recruitment and appointment process
- undertaking an analysis of the upcoming vacancy in order to provide input into producing a role description and selection criteria
- making Board Directors aware that re-appointment is not guaranteed
- nominating potential candidates
- potential involvement as a member of the selection panel.