This document is part of the Victorian Public Entity executive employment resource.
Below is a generic step-by-step guide for human resource administrators to consider when ending the employment of an executive. It is provided as a guide only and will not be applicable in all circumstances.
- Determine reason for ending employment.
- Discuss end of employment scenario with the CEO and the Board.
- Reach a consensus on the proposed decision to end employment.
- An appropriate person (e.g. a senior manager) is delegated to consult with the aﬀected executive.
The CEO/Board has been consulted with and has agreed to:
- any minimum process requirements
- proposed date for termination
- any redeployment options
- any outplacement support.
Consultation with executive
- The executive has been advised of:
- the intention to end employment
- the reasons for proposed termination
- expected formal notiﬁcation date
- expected employment end date.
- Written notice is signed by the CEO.
- Notice or payment in lieu is provided (if applicable).