VPSC plays an important role collecting data about, and reporting on, the composition of the public sector in Victoria.
To do this we rely on a range of periodic data collections:
- the Workforce Data collection
- the Executive Data collection (for executives employed under Part 3 of the Public Administration Act 2004)
- the Public Entity Executive Remuneration Survey (PEERS, formerly GSERP)
- the Progression Data collection
- the People Matter Survey
Survey name change from GSERP to PEERS
The Government Sector Executive Remuneration Panel (GSERP) survey is now the Public Entity Executive Remuneration Survey (PEERS).
This change reflects the transfer of the VPSC’s GSERP responsibilities to the Office of Public Sector Executive Remuneration (OPSER) in late 2018.
Consistent with its role and functions, the VPSC will continue to collect executive remuneration data to support OPSER and Departments and to monitor and provide advice on public sector employment.
VPSC supplies support and advice materials for each collection.
Executive data collection and PEERS guides
- Executive Data Collection (for executives employed under Part 3 of the Public Administration Act 2004)
- Public Entity Executive Remuneration Survey (PEERS).
Workforce data collection guides
For this collection the data requirements are sector specific. If you are a data provider, the instructions that you receive from our survey administrator will specify your sector.
- Health Sector Data Collection
- TAFE Sector Data Collection
- Victorian Public Service Data Collection
- Public Entity Data Collection
- Headcount Data Collection
Progression data collection
This collection is for Victorian Public Service organisations only. Organisations are required to complete a provided Excel template and send the template back to VPSC by the nominated due date. Agencies are notified directly each year of their reporting requirements.