Page 5 shows statistics for public boards and contains the footnotes for the 5 pages of the infographic.
Includes profile of board members: 84% volunteer their time, 69% are aged over 55, 38% are female, 0.8% are aboriginal, 11% are culturally and linguistically diverse.
The 10 footnotes follow:
- Public entities with no employees include advisory boards, the majority of cemetery trusts, and most small Crown land committees of management
- New start rate is the number of employees commencing within the year divided by the total number of active employees at June 2017 and employees who separated over the year
- People Matter Survey 2017 and Workforce data collection 2017
- Australian Bureau of Statistics, Employment and Work, Australia May 2017 Catalogue no. 62270 Victoria
- Australian Bureau of Statistics, Labour Force, Australia, Detailed, Catalogue No. 6291.0.55.001, LM1 Nov 2017
- Australian Bureau of Statistics, Labour Force, Catalogue No. 6291.0.55.001 August 2017
- Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2016 Census of Population and Housing
- Australian Bureau of Statistics, Disability, Aging and Carers, Australia: Victorian 2015, Catalogue no. 4430.0 People with a disability that represents an employment restriction.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics, General Social Survey: Summary results, Australia 2014 Catalogue no. 4159.0
- Does not include school councilors or Crown land committees of management members, representing 73% of all board members
For additional assistance with these infographics please contact VPSC on 03 9651 1321