The aim of this stage is to come up with a plan to build the workforce you’ll need in the future.
In the build stage, you’ll:
- revisit and validate any outputs you’ve created as part of your strategic workforce planning process
- analyse the gap between where your business area is now and where you want to get to
- develop kata boards to plan how you’ll implement and monitor your workforce change
- develop a change canvas to help you build a narrative for change
- come up with a roadmap to define the steps you need to take.
How to use the modules in this stage
We recommend you complete each module:
- in a sequence from module 1 to 2
- in a workshop style to maximise collaboration and creativity.
But you can also do each module as a small working group.
Who to involve
For this stage, we recommend you have:
- a broad mix of your executive team with at least one director and one executive director
- a communications manager or change management specialist
- relevant HR business partners or people and culture employees.
Access the modules in this stage
There are 2 modules in this stage: